CowTownDance Forum Index

CowTownDance: Calgary's Online Dance Calendar

HomeHome  HelpHelp  CalendarCalendar  SubscriptionsSubscriptions  PhotosPhotos MemberlistMemberlist  SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Private MessagesPrivate Messages  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 
"So you think you can dance" Season 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CowTownDance Forum Index -> CowTown Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiden_kai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 - 6:39 pm    Post subject: "So you think you can dance" Season 3 Reply with quote

Anybody watching? Anybody surprised at how well Lacey Schwimmer performed the "contemporary" piece? Overall, the level of skill among the dancers seems to be better then last year.
Justin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 9, 2007 - 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching as often as I can.

Lacey's contemporary routine performance was extraordinary, in my opinion. I've since downloaded the episode and watched it several times. Given how they portrayed her in the top 20 cuts, I didn't think she was as good as some of the others, I think I was wrong!

However, I've been very disappointed with the eliminations so far. In my opinion Jimmy was one of the best male dancers in the competition. And I thought he proved it in all of the dances he performed. So sad to see him go.

The same goes for Jesus. He was probably my favorite male dancer going in to the top 20. He is just so expressive in his dancing! His week one dance (that crazy jazzy/contemp dance) was fabulous, and his paso doble was probably one of the best I've seen on that show.

I would have also loved to see Ricky dance some more. Sigh. So many good dancers, so little time.

As for Jessi's elimination, don't get me started! She dances extremely well for her auditions, and for her first two dances, then bails out for on one dance for health reasons. The she dances the best of the 3 (by far!) for her dance-for your-life solos, and she still gets booted?! I get the impression that Nigel just didn't want her around anymore because she missed a dance and was affraid of a repeat.

Also, does anyone else get the impression that Neil is not really dancer?! I think he's more of a gymnast/acrobat. For his solos, he does terrificly spinny, jumpy moves, but doesn't seem to have any rhythm, any sense of moving to the music, of expressing the music. Maybe it's just me. He's got some great moves, yes, but he seems kind of souless in a way.

I'm thinking that judges are keeping the b-boys and girl around just to keep ratings up, and for some juxtaposition against the classically trained dancers. They're defitely not the best all-around dancers.

Oh well. It's been entertaining so far. I'm not sure what the public is voting for. It doesn't seem to be the best dancers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CowTownDance Forum Index -> CowTown Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: