CowTownDance Forum Index

CowTownDance: Calgary's Online Dance Calendar

HomeHome  HelpHelp  CalendarCalendar  SubscriptionsSubscriptions  PhotosPhotos MemberlistMemberlist  SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Private MessagesPrivate Messages  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 
Looking for a social dance group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 1, 2005 - 10:47 am    Post subject: Looking for a social dance group Reply with quote

My wife and I go out dancing quite often, but we always go by ourselves. We often dance with other dancers, but we always thought it would be fun to go out to clubs and/or studio socials with a group of people. That way we'd be able to dance with other couples more often, and just could enjoy a more social atmosphere.

We dance just about anything from club-style latin, to ballroom, to country, to swing, and we enjoy all of it. For most dances, we're generally at the intermediate-to-advanced level.

If you'd be interested in getting such a group together, let us know!
Laurie_Shafer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 - 4:35 pm    Post subject: Suggestion - Swing Dancing each Friday Reply with quote

We have a regular and growing crowd of WCS dancers and it is very social. We often have a small lesson or a mixer dance so that you get to meet people PLUS we have 'greeters' that try and make sure everyone is having fun. Please see the WCSwing Dance Party on the calendar for more information. Laughing
Justin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 - 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the note, Laurie.

My wife and I still have yet to visit WCSwing Dance Party, but we really want to. We've got a 19-month-old son and another baby on way now, so unfortunately, we don't get out as much as we'd like to! But I'm sure we'll drop by some time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CowTownDance Forum Index -> Dancers' Hook-Up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: