CowTownDance Forum Index

CowTownDance: Calgary's Online Dance Calendar

HomeHome  HelpHelp  CalendarCalendar  SubscriptionsSubscriptions  PhotosPhotos MemberlistMemberlist  SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Private MessagesPrivate Messages  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 
Scouting report on Latin Corners Columbian Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CowTownDance Forum Index -> CowTown Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadreck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 - 6:52 am    Post subject: Scouting report on Latin Corners Columbian Night Reply with quote

Well, the music was good, though not enough salsa in the first two sets. The venue was as I remember it, but there were just not enough people there for dancing. The band played a few tunes that I could interpret as cha-cha (including a good rendition of Oye Coma Va with the vocals). The third set started off with a great Salsa number unfortunately we had our shoes on and really had to head out by then, and we were the last of the people who had danced to leave. One person at our table fled to Don Quixotes to be able to get a reasonable opportunity to dance.

The band seemed versatile enough, and I have contact info for them if anyone is looking for a group that can play latin for their event. Hopefully the next time the Latin Corner puts on a night like this more dancers can come out.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CowTownDance Forum Index -> CowTown Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: