Joined: 29 May 2005
|Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 - 1:27 pm Post subject: Forum Rules & Guidelines
This forum is meant to serve as a repository of news and announcements about upcoming ballroom & mixed dancing events. Mixed dancing events are considered to be events in which multiple different styles of dance are given equal play time (e.g. ballroom, latin, country, or swing).
Posting announcement in this forum requires special permission, given by the site administrators. If you would like to be able to post in this forum, and are a dance venue operator, contact the site administrator via email or via a private message. If you don't operate a dance venue, but have news or a general announcement directed towards the community, you should post it in the General Community News forum.
Rules & Guidelines:
1. Post only one announcement per event. In other words, don't post reminder or reapeated messages about an event for which you've already posted an announcement.
2. New announcements should be created as new posts in the forum, not as replies to earlier messages.
3. Remember that messages posted in this forum will be distributed to all subscribers via email. This list could potentially become very large. Be sure to double check your information (dates & times, location, completeness, spelling, etc.) before you post!
4. If your announcement needs revision after it has been posted, decide whether or not a new email notification to the community is required. If it is, post a reply to the original message. If it is not, simply edit the original message.
When posting events that will appear in the calendar, please make note of the following:
5. Classes or workshops that require participants to register at the beginning should not be made repeating events in the calendar. Such events should be given only a single entry in the calendar, with a single date and time. The announcements description can give details as to how many days or weeks the class will continue.
6. Classes or workshops that allow participants to register at any of the dates may be entered as repeating events in the events calendar (e.g. an 8-week class that allows drop-ins to sign up at any of the individual classes).
7. Values entered in the duration fields should indicate how long an individual session will normally take. This includes weekend workshops and the like. In the case of such workshops, enter them as repeating events in the calendar spanning 2 or 3 days. The values for duration should be entered as the typical length of an individual session at the workshop.
8. If you intend to post your announcements in more than one news forum, only make one of them a calendar event. Otherwise the same event will appear multiple times in the calendar.
9. When posting an item as a calendar event, make sure to include your dance venue name (abbreviated, if possible) and a short description in the subject title.
Also be sure to read the General CowTownDance Rules.