CowTownDance Forum Index

CowTownDance: Calgary's Online Dance Calendar

HomeHome  HelpHelp  CalendarCalendar  SubscriptionsSubscriptions  PhotosPhotos MemberlistMemberlist  SearchSearch  ProfileProfile  Private MessagesPrivate Messages  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister 
"Dancing With The Stars" Season 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CowTownDance Forum Index -> CowTown Chit-Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 1, 2005 - 10:26 am    Post subject: "Dancing With The Stars" Season 2 Reply with quote

...there's good news! Apparently Season 2 of the show will air this January. It will premier on January 6, it seems. Here is an article about it:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/abc-dancing-with-stars-2-replace-alias-premiere-january-6-3787.php

I just wish they would get a new host. What's with Tom Bergeron? Is this America's Funniest Dancing With the Stars clips?

An in other news, it appears that the "So You Think You Can Dance" show will also be returning next summer:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1005347

Just thought some of you might like to know.

PS- Did anyone else like these shows?
shiden_kai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 7, 2006 - 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: "Dancing With The Stars" Season 2 Reply with quote

Yes, the host is useless....makes the whole thing seem like a joke. I'm not particular to the judges either. I watched most of the last season....watched the first show of this season. What disappoints me the most about the dancing is the lack of basic closed manuevers. I have to agree with the "head" judge on that....and wonder why whoever is choreographing these dances can't pick up on that clue as to what will garner more points with the judges!

Oh....hitting the "quote" button doesn't work....and when you hit "reply" to a post, I wonder why the Subject line wouldn't automatically fill in what I've filled in above....which is fairly standard when replying to a post in either a forum or newsgroup.
Justin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 8, 2006 - 5:10 am    Post subject: testestets Reply with quote

No, I'm definitely not a fan of the judges either. However, I missed the first episode of season two. For future reference, what day-of-the-week does it air, and when?

Thanks for the tip about quoting. That's a new bug; I'll see if I can fix that later today.

In regards to replied messages having a subject: subjects are less visible in replies, so I can see why it was left out of the code. I think that was intentional. My default, the subject line is left empty, because it's probably a good bet that the subject of a reply is the same as the parent post.

Edit:
Update: I've made some changes to the code, and it looks like quoting is now working again.
shiden_kai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 - 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it runs on Thursday night (it was at 9:00 pm last week) for the competion part of the show, and then they do a results show on Friday. A bit of a different format from last year, but better.

I never did catch the Friday night show as I was out dancing, so I don't know who got kicked off. I think the Hip Hop billionare is still on....maybe we will see him do a "gangsta" foxtrot this week (grin). He did a "gangsta" cha cha last week and he had more ego then heart in his performance. The judges told him to get into some dance shoes and take the cap off!

I thought the female wrestler was quite good. She's all legs and arms.
The one female who is some sort of TV announcer celeb wasn't bad, but way too much botox in her lips. Why do they do this? She's a beautiful woman and this just makes her look like a fish.

I missed Tatum O'Neals dance, but read online that she was probably the best dance of the evening. Good for her.

Ian
Justin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 - 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed both episodes so far! I always seem to be busy on Thursday evenings. Hmm, I hope they do re-runs! It looks like to be an interesting cast, for sure, from what I've seen on the web.

The new format this season sounds a lot better. What irked me about last season was that the audience vote didn't come in until a week later. So, if they hated or loved one couple, the results would only be felt the following week, when their performance could have been entirely different (or completely opposite for that matter). Did they actually come out and say how much of decision was made by the judges vs. the audience? Anyway, at the end of last season the audience didn't even have a say over the last performance. The votes would have had to be tallied from the performance in the previous week and the judge's opinion of the last week. Totally wacky. So, it's good to see they fixed that oddity.

I concur with the surgically altered lips deal. It's hideous. I think in a few years the trend will be over, and all the super-pouties out there will really have something to pout about!
johanna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 - 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the last season of dancing with the stars. The main thing that bothered me was the music choice. Why do they pick songs that aren't really danceable? Eye of the tiger comes to mind... Anyway, it's just nice to see dancing coming into popular culture. It will help the dance communities grow everywhere!

Johanna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CowTownDance Forum Index -> CowTown Chit-Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: